The Matière Verte Support and Certification program offered by ENvironnement JEUnesse is aimed at Quebec's elementary and high schools, both public and private.
The Matière Verte program has two components: Support and Certification. Via the Support component, the ENvironnement JEUnesse team offers adapted, year-round support to elementary and high schools. While the Certification component of the program encourages environmental education and facilitates sustainable management tailored to the school. The Certification component is sub-divided into five levels to recognize efforts and achievements as part of a long-term approach.
The strength of the network lies in the sharing of best practices, adoption of inspiring initiatives, use of performance measures and promotion of promising projects.
Benefits for schools and youth
Schools can access:
- Coaching and grants for environmental projects
- The program’s Members area, which contains practical guides, environmental project ideas and management tools
- Free training sessions and a discount for several paid training activities
- A members-only group and networking opportunities
- Opportunities to promote projects through articles published on our website and in our networks
“Our alternative school was started in 2019. The founding committee set off with a vision of a school that would be more nature-based, where students would be responsible for their school and the environment. We are really interested in your program. Having a project under way and a very involved community would make it possible for us to effectively work on several projects.”
–Frederike Cavezzali, principal, École Alternative l'Expédition
Youths can access:
- A network of active young people who care deeply about environmental issues
- Support and scholarships to carry out their environmental projects
- A certificate for their participation
- Learning opportunities to develop their skills in various environmental fields
“I’m happy my school is participating in the coaching and certification program since it lets us take concrete action for the environment. With the coaching component, I feel like we have support along the way.”
–Oswaldo Paz Flores, student, École secondaire de l'Érablière
Registration for the 2021-2022 school year is underway! Note that the early-bird rate is available until October 1, 2021, and registration for the program ends November 30, 2021. See the program brochure for registration details.
New! Schools in disadvantaged areas (index of 8, 9 or 10) and those already participating in other programs (Mouvement ACTES, Lab22, EcoSchools, héros certification, etc.) can benefit from the certification component of the Matière verte program at no additional cost, provided they are ENvironnement JEUnesse members. Space is limited, so contact us today!
ENvironnement JEUnesse would like to thank the Chamandy Foundation for its three years of financial support for this program. We would also like to thank the Trottier Family Foundation for their support for the pilot program.